Prime Potential® Benefits
for the Counselling Community
By Lynn Sumida, MSW, RSW
Thank you for your interest in Prime Potential® and what it can offer you, and your clients. I have been a counsellor for almost 30 years and I know what I hoped my clients would gain from counselling, and what my frustrations were. My 'frustration' was actually my disappointment that clients were not getting the deep transformations many were hoping for, or not seeing results as quickly as we both would have liked. The slow progress was often the result of sabotage, the "one step forward, two back" phenomena. I was deeply curious about how this really worked. The well known perspective that people are afraid of success was not a sufficient answer for me. I wanted to really understand how sabotage was coded in the system.
This curiosity lead me into a much broader and deeper understanding of how trauma impacts the system, and how the identity is formed. We call this the constructed identity because it really is made up of thousands of layers of experience that coalesces into the identity people carry around everyday.
I received my Masters degree in Social Work in 1974 from the University of Toronto. I mention this because it sets the backdrop/perspective from which I came. Sexual abuse was not on the curriculum and so when it exploded into the therapeutic arena, I was not prepared. I discovered that many of the beliefs I had were either wrong or incomplete. For example, disclosing abuse does not make everything better, telling your whole story to someone who is really listening is not enough, and lastly, surviving is not the same as thriving.
|How Prime Potential significantly changed my work.
In this video, Lynn Sumida, a Registered Social Worker, talks about her work developing Prime Potential, and its profound benefits for clients.
Would you like more information regarding
Prime Potential® Facilitator Training?
Call us today toll-free (877) 922-1330
I, along with many others, was on a steep learning curve. This eventually led me to an understanding that we must deal with much more than behaviour. Coping patterns, regardless of how they seem to work, are simply that, coping. So long as there is fear in the system, there will be a need to "cope." We must address this fear at the level of the nervous system, because anything that has "shocked" the nervous system gets coded into it and can be triggered by day to day events. This is what keeps people in a pattern of hyper-vigilance, never able to truly relax or fully trust. And finally, I realized that we must address a person's identity, and their spirit, in order for them to feel whole and complete, and able to live a life filled with joy and connection.
Prime Potential® will:
- Identify your clients' constrictive issues, both past and present
- Access the root or core underlying constrictions in the nervous system that have created those issues
- Target and release your client's constrictions at a systemic and cellular level
- Enable your clients to release ineffective coping patterns
- Provide a solid foundation from which clients can build a full and vibrant life
What is Unique about Prime Potential®?
Systemic ImpactThe Process affects all systems (mental, emotional, spiritual, physical, neurological and cellular) simultaneously in an integrated approach. As a result of working on all these levels in an integrated way, people often experience positive transformation across contexts, in addition to the initial area of focus. It is a fundamental shift in the wiring of the nervous system, moving from fears, limitations or difficulties, to possibilities and potential.
Revolutionary ChangeThere is an ever increasing need today to be able to change quickly and powerfully; not making incremental changes but having the ability to make rapid, profound shifts. This requires people to feel safe internally, in order to be open to large scale changes externally. Prime Potential® locates the fear in the nervous system that keeps people in modes of either hyper-vigilance or disconnection. Releasing constricting messages and sabotage patterns at the cellular level allows clients to have the safety and sense of well-being in which creativity, leadership, and effective communication can flourish. Clients report noticeable changes after just the first two sessions, scheduled just ten days apart.
What is the Format?Working one on one with you as Facilitator, your clients take part in four sessions. Each session lasts between two and three hours, depending on the unique circumstances of each client. All four sessions occur in a span of about three months.
Benefits to the Counsellor/Therapist Using this Technology
Benefits for Current ClientsWhile each of your clients is unique in their circumstances, issues, and outlooks, we believe that they often fall into one of the following categories:
- Clients who, despite ongoing counselling, continue patterns of self-sabotage. These are the individuals that frequently dance around the same issue time and time again. Prime Potential® identifies, and then offers the tools to overcome these limiting beliefs and constrictions, freeing your client to move forward and achieve desired outcomes. When your clients move out of these patterns, the entire counselling process becomes much more satisfying for both you and your client. Progress now proceeds in a consistent, steady manner.
- The bulk of clients fall into a second category. These are the individuals making progress at what seems, some days, to be "a snail’s pace." Prime Potential® offers them a foundation from which to make larger, more significant changes—ranging from releasing patterns of hyper-vigilance, a deep sense of wholeness and well-being, an ability to trust themselves and others, and overall improved relationships. Simply put, Prime Potential® will assist people in discovering their confidence, creativity and joy of living.
- The third group consists of clients who seek help, wanting to make rapid, profound changes. They are very clear about their desired outcomes and they want change to happen quickly. They are ready do whatever it takes to make the changes they are seeking. Often, these clients are high functioning individuals who know that they can move to a higher level and want significant change—fast. Prime Potential® assists these clients to progress at an extremely rapid rate, gaining new momentum allowing them to achieve the profound changes they desire.
Increased Referral BusinessWe all know there is nothing better than referral business. Satisfied clients refer more business when they achieve significant results. Clients often say they get more from Prime Potential® than they ever expected—the results have been beyond their wildest dreams. That it all was accomplished in a short period of time is a huge bonus. The bottom line is: amazing results for your clients WILL result in increased referral business.
Optimized Time Management and Revenue GenerationAs a counsellor/therapist one of the challenges is often the limited number of hours in a week for seeing clients. This, in effect, creates a ceiling on your revenue. Having an alternative, a four session format with pre and post evaluation measurements, is a great "structured process" for you to have in your tool kit. This opens up your options for both the number of clients you can see, and the revenue you can earn.
In addition, one of the best ways to "gain time" is to optimize your clients’ willingness and ability to follow through on integration of fresh insights. The fewer clients you have who are enmeshed in self-sabotaging patterns, the less you’ll experience frustration and time spent ineffectively.
Prime Potential® assists you in:
- Seeing more clients
- Using your time with each client more effectively
- Enhancing the "self-responsibility" aspect of counselling
- Charging fees based on a structured program rather than an hourly rate, resulting in greater revenue from fewer client hours.
So, What’s Next?
Step 1: Experience Prime Potential® for YourselfPersonal experience is not only the best way to assess a program or approach—in this case, it’s essential. You have to experience it to truly understand it. So, the first step is to call us and discuss how we can make that happen for you.
Step 2: Once you’ve "tried it on for size," consider Prime Potential® Facilitators’ Training.The training’s comprehensive framework includes a foundational theory of human behaviour, a perspective on how people form their identity, and a process to assist people in making profound shifts in that identity. Prime Potential® also draws on the latest research on the brain and cellular biology, Neuro-Linguistic Programming, Choice Theory, Satir Family Therapy, Integral Theory and specifically Spiral Dynamics, Emotional Field Therapy, and BodyTalk.
- The training, offered on an annual basis, spans a six-month period and consists of four long-weekend "modules," which mirror the Prime Potential® process, and combines the best of intensive group learning, and experiential work with clients to allow for integration. For a more complete program description, check our Facilitator Training information.
- The first module covers the foundational theories/models on which Prime Potential® is based, as well as the framework for the process. After the first module, participants are ready to begin working with their hand-selected volunteer clients
- The training includes a minimum of 140 hours of direct, face-to-face learning
- Participants are eligible to enrol in a Mentoring Certification Program, following completion of the training
Step 3: Register for the TrainingTo participate in the Prime Potential® Facilitators’ Training, indicate your interest by pre-registering for the next session, using our Contact Us web submission form.
We are thrilled with the Prime Potential® Process and the transformative impact it continues to have in the lives of our clients. We hope you’ll come along and experience it for your personal benefit, and for the benefit of your clients. You won’t regret it!
Contact us today!
|“I found learning Prime Potential® [to be] challenging and very rewarding…my confidence and skills as a therapist increased profoundly. One of the biggest gifts for me was the empowering teaching/mentoring I received. Now continuing to learn and grow professionally is joyful, fulfilling, and fun, rather than thinking I need ‘more of something’ in order to become excellent. I’ve let go of perfectionism and experience more excellence. What a blast!|
|Toni Pieroni, Therapist